Lake & River Tours
We can design a tour to suit you
LAKE & RIVER TOURS
We run tours in most if not all lakes in Co Clare. If there is a lake near you and you get a group together I will come with all the gear you need and take you out.
We run river tours on the Inagh River by the Falls in Ennistymon to Lahinch and on the Fergus River between Dromore Lake and Ballyalla Lake.
I can do tours for groups on Stand Up Paddle Boards (SUP) & Kayaks or we can bring a mix of each.
All tours have to be pre-booked in advance and must have a minimum of 6 in the group.
Recommended to have with you:
Hat, sunscreen, water bottle, towel, swimming gear, change of clothes, booties/old sand shoes, waterproof bag and thermals/wind jacket are recommended on chilly days and during winter months.
1) Do I need to book? No need to book for rentals in July and August unless it's a group just let us know your coming. Tours have to be pre booked well in advance.
2) What are your means of payment? We have no way of taking cards at the lake. For prebook groups we can do payment through this website using PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account to use this service, just use your credit/debit card.
3) Will I get wet? Yes, not a lot but you are kayaking so its unavoidable
4) Do I need experience? No, we use sit on top kayaks they're very stable and easy to use.
5) Is it safe for children? Yes it is, sit on top kayaks are very stable and the lake has beach life guards July and August. We keep all children under 18 in a pre set out area. Small kids will have to be with an adult.
6) Will I capsize a lot? No, sit on top kayaks are very stable.
7) Do I get a life jacket? We provide buoyancy aids with every rental and it is mandatory to wear them.
8) What should I wear? We provided wetsuits and buoyancy aids. If you do not want to wear a wetsuit just wear gear you don't mind getting wet. Old trainers are recommended.
9) What should I bring ? Sun cream, water, towel, old trainers for going in and out of lake also if you need any medication or inhalers bring them.
10) Are activities on Ballyalla Lake supervised. Ballyalla Lake will have beach life guards on duty every day during July and August. All of our kids camps are supervised by our instructors.
11) Do you do summer kids camps? Yes we do kids camps at Ballyalla Lake Ennis all summer long.
Any other questions don't hesitate to ask. Thanks
Photos from some of our past tours.
Starting from the Falls hotel in Ennistymon, Tours take around 2 hours. We go on the river near to Lahinch beach and back around to the falls again. Its a great river for all ages, all levels of experience and is a very relaxing and safe river for kayaking.
Kayak tours on the river Fergus run from Dromore Lake Ruan to Ballyalla Lake Ennis.